1 July 2020
GaN Systems participating in online PCIM Europe 2020
GaN Systems Inc of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (a fabless developer of gallium nitride-based power switching semiconductors for power conversion and control applications) says that, at the ‘virtual’ PCIM (Power Conversion and Intelligent Motion) Europe 2020 ‘Digital Days’ online event (7–8 July), its CEO Jim Witham is participating in two panel sessions, ‘GaN Devices – The Game-Changers’ and ‘Power GaN: Past-Present-Future’, illustrating how GaN power semiconductors are becoming the fundamental building block in power electronics. Furthermore, technical experts from the company are presenting papers at the event (see Table).
Additionally, at its Virtual Experience site, GaN Systems is showcasing its latest solutions and design tools as well as featuring products by companies that have used GaN Systems’ devices in consumer, industrial, automotive and data-center applications.
“While it will be a different PCIM Europe this year, the global power electronics community will once again converge to exchange knowledge and ideas on trends and technologies shaping our industry,” says Witham. “We look forward to participating in the discussions and highlight how GaN is establishing itself as a preferred solution.”
- 650V/60A Gen2 automotive transistors that meet enhanced AEC-Q101 performance requirements and have lifetime results of failure-in-time (FIT)<<1;
- 650V/150A Full-Bridge Module & Driver; 650V/150A Half-Bridge IPM (intelligent power module); and 650V/300A 3-phase Module & Driver;
- 100V integrated DrGaN device and 650V integrated Half-Bridge DrGaN power stage.
New design tools
- 100V DrGaN module that features the highest power density and efficiency for board and brick power delivery;
- 65W QR charger reference design that is easy to implement and meets size (18.5W/in3 cased), thermals, EMI, cost and efficiency requirements;
- Class-D amplifier evaluation kit that includes a 2-channel, 200W-per-channel (8Ω) Class-D audio amplifier and companion 400W, continuous-power audio-grade switched-mode power supply (SMPS).
- Consumer: Includes the industry’s smallest 65W mobile device charger.
- Industrial: High-efficiency motor drive and power supplies from industry leaders.
- Automotive: Leading EV powertrain performance with GaN including the ‘All GaN Vehicle’ and the latest EV power electric designs from Canoo’s onboard charger and BrightLoop’s DC-DC converter. Most recently, BrightLoop was chosen as the sole supplier of DC-DC converters for ETCR (Electric Touring Car Racing).
- Data Center and 5G: Delivering 5G mmWave data indoors has been unsolved, until now. This GaN-based high-power, through-wall wireless power solution solves this 5G challenge.
GaN Systems E-mode GaN FETs Power electronics