22 April 2022
Nexperia demonstrating power semiconductor developments at PCIM
In booth #317 (Hall 9) at Power, Control and Intelligent Motion (PCIM) Europe 2022 in Nürnberg Messe, Nuremberg, Germany (10–12 May), Nexperia B.V. of Nijmegen, the Netherlands (a subsidiary of Wingtech Technology Co Ltd) is demonstrating the latest innovations and developments in power semiconductors across a wide range of applications including the following:
• CCPAK: Nexperia’s new surface-mount copper-clip package for power gallium nitride (GaN) FETs;
• Nexperia’s evaluation board for benchmarking dynamic performance of 650V silicon carbide (SiC) rectifiers;
• Broadcom half-bridge evaluation board using Nexperia’s CCPAK GaN FETs and Nexperia totem pole power factor correction (PFC) demo containing TO-247 GaN FETs.
• LFPAK88 MOSFETs for 12V high-current circuit protection applications live demo;
• Power bipolar transistors in high-voltage LED lighting application;
• Clip-bonded FlatPower (CFP) package replacing SMx demo.
• 500A high-current MOSFETs live demo;
• LFPAK MOSFETs increasing to highest current in BLDC motor control demo;
• 50/55V application-specific MOSFETs (ASFETs) – ‘the big pull’.
Next-generation support tools for power design engineers
• Precision Electrothermal models for MOSFETs enabling early design validation;
• Interactive Application Notes and MOSFET and GaN FET Application Handbook;
• Evaluation boards for power products.
Also, at PCIM 2022 Nexperia is showing how LFPAK MOSFETs are used in a surfboard e-fin and deliver a number of live technology talks on MOSFETs, GaN FETs and component technology for vehicle electrification.
“After more than two years being forced to attend events virtually, the team at Nexperia is excited to once again be able to reconnect with valued customers in-person at PCIM 2022,” according to Chris Boyce, senior director marketing & product group head of Nexperia’s Power MOSFETs business group. “Digital collaboration tools have their place, but nothing can replace the type of interpersonal connection that happens at industry events, and which so often acts as a catalyst for new and innovative designs ideas”.