21 July 2022
Palomar expands Singapore Innovation Center to support demand for specialty OSAT/process development
Photonics and microelectronic device assembly & packaging equipment maker Palomar Technologies Inc of Carlsbad, CA, USA has expanded its Innovation Center in Singapore to meet growing demand in Southeast Asia for process development and specialty outsourced assembly and test (OSAT) for advanced semiconductor new product introductions.
Palomar opened its Innovation Center – Singapore in November 2018 to address a vital market need for process development, device package prototyping, test & measurement, process maturation, and low-volume production. In 2019, market demand pushed Palomar to make its first expansion. This second expansion gives the center the added ability to work more closely with customers on their specific needs.
“Strong demand from our regional Asia Pacific customer base has driven us to expand the footprint of our Singapore Innovation Center for the second time in five years,” says Rich Hueners, managing director, Palomar Technologies (SE Asia) Pte Ltd. “This expanded area will serve to host plasma cleaning, dry boxes and customer-specific test equipment while the original lab area will continue to host the die attach, wire bond and vacuum reflow equipment. We are looking forward to forging ahead with new customer requirements in this larger space.”
The Palomar Innovation Center – Singapore currently supports a wide range of customer applications including:
- micro-optics used in 3D imaging, light detection and ranging (LiDAR) and optical sensors;
- RF LDMOS and RF gallium nitride (GaN) power amplifiers;
- high-reliability RF microwave modules;
- silicon photonics and laser diode placement bonding;
- thermal and motion sensors;
- active optical cable (AOC) packaging;
- VCSEL, EEL, EML, LED placement and bonding;
- lens placement and lens attach bonding.