10 March 2022
Nexperia showcasing power electronics at APEC
In booth #534 at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC 2022) in Houston, TX, USA (20-24 March), Nexperia B.V. of Nijmegen, the Netherlands (a subsidiary of Wingtech Technology Co Ltd) is demonstrating its latest developments in power electronics, spanning a range of recent innovations including:
- a Ricardo electric vehicle (EV) inverter containing Nexperia’s power GaN FET technology;
- a Shanghai E-Drive EV inverter containing Nexperia’s power GaN FET technology in a copper-clip SMD package CCPAK;
- Nexperia’s evaluation board for benchmarking dynamic performance of 650V SiC rectifiers.
Next-generation support tools for power design engineers
- precision electro-thermal models for MOSFETs enabling early design validation;
- interactive application notes and a MOSFET and GaN FET application handbook.
On 23 March, in conference room 360 DEF, Nexperia’s live expo talks will focus on its expanding portfolio of power products:
Nexperia introduces Power GaN FETs
At 1:00-1:30pm, GaN applications director Jim Honea will deliver a talk that provides a brief overview of Nexperia’s high-voltage GaN FET technology and product portfolio, including the CCPAK copper-clip surface-mount package and some useful tips for successful applications.
Nexperia introduces SiC Schottky diodes
At 1:45-2:15pm, technical applications manager Upal Sengupta will give a talk introducing Nexperia’s SiC Schottky diodes that will include a benchmarking performance comparison along with an efficiency analysis in an 800W PFC topology. Additional details about Nexperia’s SiC diode portfolio and product roadmap will also be presented.