6 March 2023
Lumentum presenting at Optical Fiber Communication conference
Lumentum Holdings Inc of San Jose, CA, USA (which designs and makes optical and photonic products for optical networks and lasers for industrial and consumer markets) says that several of its thought leaders are participating in technical sessions and panel discussions at the Optical Fiber Communication conference (OFC 2023) in San Diego, CA, USA (5-9 March).
Lumentum speakers are discussing industry trends accelerating the transition to 800G and beyond, and enabling cost-effective capacity growth, performance and revenue potential for coherent optical networks.
Specifically, the presentations and papers being given by Lumentum are:
- 11–11:15am PST (Room 6C) — ‘225-Gbps PAM4 Operation Using Lumped-Electrode-Type EA-DFB Laser for 5- and 10-km Transmission With Low TDECQ’ by Hideaki Asakura, senior engineer specialist, R&D, Datacom;
- 11:45am–12:15pm PST (Room 6C) — ‘Ultrahigh Speed EA-DFB Lasers Beyond 200 Gbps per Lane’ by Kazuhiko Naoe, director, R&D, Datacom;
- 12:15–12:30pm PST (Room 6C) — ‘10-km Transmission of 106-Gb/s PAM4 With Directly Modulated DFB Lasers in the CWDM Range’ by Shuhei Ohno, optical engineer, Datacom.
- 7–9:45am PST (Hard Rock Hotel San Diego) — ‘LITE 2023: Lumentum Investor Technology Event’ by Lumentum Leadership Team;
- 2–3:30pm PST (Theater I) — ‘MW Panel III: 800G/128GBaud Pluggable Coherent - Key Technologies and Applications’ by Wupen Yuen, senior VP & general manager Telecom Transmission.
- 8–10am PST (Room 6C) — ‘Promises, Prospects and Challenges of VCSELs for Data Center Interconnects, Free-Space Communication’ by Cy Lu, senior engineering development manager, Imaging and Sensing;
- 10:30am–12pm PST (Theater I) — ‘Perspectives on the Future of ROADM Technologies and Architectures for Next-Gen Networks’ by Peter Roorda, VP, product line management, Telecom Transport;
- 1:30–3pm PST (Theater III) — ‘Mobile Optics (MOPA) for the 6G Era’ by Ernest Muhigana, consortium representative & product strategy advocate, CTO Office;
- 2:45–3:45pm PST (Theater I) — ‘3D Sensing in High Volume Consumer and Automotive Applications’ by Matthew Everett, senior director, product line management, Imaging and Sensing.